Tuesday, November 10, 2009

2009 VW Routan Minivan Review « Zen5.me

Zen5.me blog
Review of VW Routan
We purchased our VW Rountan as a used 2009 minvan with 14,000 miles on it. We bought the extended warranty of 6 years and 100,000 miles. Here is what I like about the van and what I don’t like:
Like:
1. Remote start: This is a great feature to start your car ahead of time without having to go outside – it allows you to cool down or warm up your car – and it is just a really cool feature.
2. Automatic with shifting – I didn’t think I would care about this feature but I really love it. When I need to downshift to pass another vehicle or if I am on a hilly road, it is very nice to be able to handle your own shifting (yet clutch free) and use regular automatic when in more normal driving conditions.
3. Seat heat warmers get VERY hot, which I imagine will be really nice on a cold day.
4. The wireless headphones so that I don’t have to listen to the TV when the kids are watching it, I can listen to my stereo!
5. The Bluetooth connection is great.
6. Having a hard drive and an Aux connection is great
7. I really like having the rear camera for backing out especially with how big the van is.
8. Having 3 power doors.
Dislike:
1. The force and location on the air vents. It gets really hot in NC in the summer and I wonder if the AC will make me feel cool enough, I am used to the high speed, freezing cold air blowing in my face in my Sienna – the Routan doesn’t angle up enough to hit my face and the amount of cold air does not seem like it will be enough.
2. The dual TV’s block my rear view out the window.
3. The controls to use both DVD players are not very user friendly – especially the DISC one, the VES works easier.
4. The fact that you can’t store the front seats in the floor.
5. The van is very long and bigger than the other minivans although it has less head room for really tall people.
6. Watch out that you don’t hit someone in the head with the power lift-gate.
7. I wish the engine had a little more power – it is not bad for a minivan but a little more spunk would be nice.
I will add to this list as I come up with more likes and dislikes.
blog comments powered by Disqus