Monday, October 18, 2010

My New Love.... My Volkswagon Routan

Six in the Suburbs | Same Family. Different Stories. One Blog
2009 Volkswagen Routan photographed in College...Image via WikipediaAlong with most new mothers I had vowed to never ever get a MINI-VAN.
   However, with both the kids in clunky car seats, the 5-seater SUV just wasn't cuttin' it anymore. That is where my love story begins with my new mini-van, and I couldn't be any prouder. Not only can you change & feed a baby on the back bench- you can change & eat back there yourself! When that back bench isn't needed it can be stored in the floor giving you space equal to that of a pick-up truck for shopping trips to your local wholesale club or hardware superstore.
   Our first day together my 3 year old helped me to stock it with everything we'd need in our travels. There was a spot for each and every item I already had two of in the linen closet and a spare outfit for each of us just in case. First-Aid kit, an old-but-still-good towel, a roll of paper towels & toilet paper, snacks, movies, juice boxes, yadda-yadda-yadda. …
Toilet paperImage via Wikipedia[The blog post goes on about toileting matters that only a Mommy could love] …in a nice little compartment that my precious VW Routan is equipped with! …
   I am by genetics a napper. Both of my parents love a good nap, and I was raised to take it as it comes. So when the two kids are napping and I have accomplished anything that can be accomplished by drive-thru window I crawl on back and AHHHHHH......get snuggled in. Of course I've got blankets and a pillow always on reserve so comfort is a given. When you've got the room of a mini-van you can easily be prepared for those opened opportunities to get a little R & R.
Needless to say: There is no way I would have been able to do all this in anything other than a mini-van!
- M.L.E
Enhanced by Zemanta
blog comments powered by Disqus