Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Baby This and That

A Creative Leak
Katie asked in the comments somewhere when I'm due, …
I'm due around Nov 3. If you ask me in person I'll say around Halloween. And the oldest daughter around here has a birthday the day before Halloween. So she's concerned.
What if I'm in the hospital on her birthday? Who will make her a cake? What about having a birthday party? All the attention is going to be on the baby and not on her birthday. Yes, she's said it. I cringe - but at the same time I applaud her honesty.
Cakes out of the freezer taste delicious. I'm sure she'll get a fabulous birthday cake. I've tried to assure her that she'll always be special and we won't forget her birthday. …
Maybe when the time comes, she'll change her tune a little. Maybe that depends on how close their birthdays are.
Moving on... someone took my picture the other day. I usually move out of range when the camera comes out. …
And in other preparations for Baby... we bought a minivan. A Volkswagen Routan. It's nice. It's comfortable. The kids like having more space than they had in the CRV. They still load up their more space with Stuff.

Driving it feels kind of like driving the Pilot. … One nice thing is the doors stay locked until the driver opens his/her door. One thing that bothers me a little is that the radio stays on until the driver opens his/her door. It's the little things in life I guess.

Here they make the VW symbol with their fingers. Some with more dexterity than others.
Posted by joanna at 5:13 AM
Enhanced by Zemanta
blog comments powered by Disqus